Information About You.
Please provide an email address to be used for PWI communication. If you are accepted into the program, this email address will be used for official program and student body communications. By providing this email address you give PWI consent to use it for all program and student-related communication - including sign up to cohort and school community email strings.
Accepted file types: doc, docx, pdf, rtf, txt.
Accepted file types: png, jpg, gif, pdf.
Please attach an autobiographical essay which includes the following sections. Essays must be typed, double-spaced on single-sided sheets. The essay should be no more than 1500 words.
- What life events, personal experiences, dream or inspirational experience motivates you to study and work with conflict and organizations, and to seek a degree in this field?
- How does your personal background, including your work and education, contribute to your interest in this field?
- Please describe your ability to work with conflict. What situations do you find challenging? What makes you suited for working with conflict, emotional tension, and cultural diversity?
- Describe one of the most challenging psychological or emotional crises you have had in your life, how you dealt with it, or continue to deal with it, and what you have learned from undergoing it.
- What would you like to do with this degree? How will this degree help you attain your life goals?
- Please assess your ability to organize your own study and to work independently.
- What educational and professional resources are available in your community to assist you in achieving your educational goals?
Accepted file types: doc, docx, rtf, txt, pdf.
Letters of Recommendation
Three letters of recommendation, one of which must be from a Process Work Diplomate. Letters of recommendation from PWI's Outreach and Admissions Coordinator or the candidate’s personal therapist will not be accepted. The reference form can be downloaded in MS Word format here. They should send it directly to PWI at email@example.com. Letters of recommendation should NOT come from PWI's Outreach and Admission Coordinator or your personal therapist.
Teacher d. Work
Supervisor e. Peer
Non-Native English Speaking Students
- Because of its experiential learning style, the MAPOF program requires a high degree of verbal participation. For this, non-native English speakers need to be conversant in spoken and written English, as demonstrated by the following minimum scores:
- 530 on the paper-based Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL PBT)
- 71 on the Internet Based Test (iBT)
- 6.5 on the International English Language Test (IELTS)
- 50 on the PTE Academic Score Report;
- A minimum grade of Level 3 on the ACT COMPASS’s English as a Second Language Placement Test;
- A minimum grade of Pre-1 on the Eiken English Proficiency Exam;
- A transcript indicating completion of at least 30 semester hours of credit with an average grade of “C” or higher at an appropriately accredited/recognized accredited college or university where the language of instruction was English; “B” or higher for Master’s, First Professional Degree or Professional Doctoral Degree.
- A transcript indicating a grade of “C” or higher in an English composition course from an appropriately-accredited/recognized college or university; “B” or higher for Master’s, First Professional Degree or Professional Doctoral Degree
Accepted file types: jpg, png, pdf, gif.
Please list the names of the institutions which will be sending us copies of your transcripts. Please have your transcripts mailed to:
Process Work Institute
2049 NW Hoyt St.
Portland OR 97209
- International Students: If your transcripts are not in English, they need to be translated by a certified translator and the translations sent with the originals.
- If the transcript is not from a U.S. university you must also get a "General" report from www.ierf.org, an Equivalency evaluation service.
Process Work Institute accepts the following forms of payment:
PWI will contact you with details how how to pay shortly after you submit this application. Applications will not be considered without proper payment of the application fee.