Ingrid Rose, Ph.D, LPC, Dipl.PW
Ingrid’s guiding inspiration for her life work stems from her history of growing up in South Africa, where as a child, perceiving the injustice around her, she decided early on to devote herself to individual and social change. In service of this vision, Ingrid has achieved two doctoral degrees, has become an Australian licensed psychologist, licensed Professional Counselor, a certified Process Worker, and is a faculty member and Dean at the Process Work Institute in Portland, Oregon.
Ingrid has spent the past 40 years exploring various modalities that enhance human potential and growth, all of which contribute to her eclectic style and method in working with others. She has had extensive experience teaching Process Work to many groups all over the world in addition to being an associate professor at Portland State University, and the National College of Natural Medicine for some years.
She has been in private practice since 1985, working with a large range of presentations in children, adolescents, and adults. Areas of interest and application over the years have been in working with:
- Children, Adolescents, Families
- Couples and Relationships
- Individual therapy
- Mental Health and Extreme States
- Palliative and Coma Care
- Group work and conflict facilitation
- School violence and bullying
- Student training and supervision
Process Work has cultivated further a love of engaging and working with groups on diversity issues and conflict situations. Among some of her group work experiences are:
- training and facilitation of groups in Russia during the transition from communism to democracy
- training and facilitating groups in South Africa on race relations and community building after the fall of apartheid
- facilitation of stalemate situations between environmentalists and foresters over old-growth disputes in Australia
- Public education on issues related to Genocide, specifically the situation in Darfur and South Sudan
- facilitation of international groups at Worldwork seminars
Ingrid offers classes, student training, individual therapy, supervision, exam preparation, as well as seminars, training and group facilitation in Portland and all over the world.