TRU Intensive 2018
- Download Course Brochure COMING SOON
- Register for the TRU Intensive Online COMING SOON
- View a Short Clip from TRU Intensive 2016
- View a Short Clip from TRU Intensive 2015
- Read an excerpt from Dawn’s Menken’s book Raising Parents, Raising Kids
- View PWI’s Youth Safety Policy (PDF)
- Support Our Future Leaders: Become a Project Angel!
Process Work Institute & Teens Rise Up Present
TRU Youth Leadership Intensive
A 5 Day Workshop Empowering Teens In Leadership, Conflict Facilitation, and Creativity
JULY 16-20, 2018 | Portland, OR
This 5-day intensive workshop is for teens aged 14-18 who want to develop their leadership capacity, build new friendships, impact their communities, and have fun doing it!
Teens will engage in creative activities to increase personal power, find their unique gifts, build communication skills, strengthen relationship and facilitate conflict within themselves and in groups.
We support youth in their own leadership by teaching them to believe in their innate creativity, to appreciate internal and external diversity and to forge real relationships across differences. We teach them the skills they will need in order to recognize, work with and resolve conflict.
- Find their authentic power, creativity and talent
- Get along with differences and power dynamics
- Feel comfortable with a wide range of diversity
- Develop confidence
- Deal with bullying and become an engaged bystander
- Develop grit and fortitude through struggle and obstacle
- Learn real-life conflict facilitation skills
- Be the change they wish to see
Dawn Menken, Ph.D, is the lead trainer and organizer for the TRU Intensive event. Dawn is a conflict resolution educator and facilitator, teacher, counselor, and author. She enjoys working with youth and has pioneered Teens Rise Up (TRU), a cutting-edge program for schools that empowers and educates young people to step into their leadership, engage in honest dialogue and co-create a more welcoming school community.
Dawn is the co-creator of the Master of Arts in Conflict Facilitation and Organizational Change at the Process Work Institute. She is the author of Raising Parents Raising Kids: Hands on Wisdom for the Next Generation.
Dawn will be assisted by a skilled team of co-facilitators with expertise in youth empowerment, communication and creativity.
- $345 early bird price up until April 17th
- $395 after April 17th
- Scholarships available
- Click Here to Register Online Now COMING SOON
July 16-20, 2018 10 am-5 pm & On the evening of the 20th we will have a BBQ for participants and their families to celebrate and share our work.
If you would like to help create additional openings for more youth to attend you can do so by clicking the “Donate” button below. Any donations go directly to helping teens in our community attend this event where they learn how to use their authentic power and conflict skills to address issues that are important to them, including world problems!
Thank you so much to those of you who have already offered help.
A HUGE thank you to these sponsors for helping make the TRU Youth Leadership Intensive possible:
This Program is Supported by The Collins Foundation