Online classes – livestream participation – find out how!
Are you attending an online class or event at Process Work Institute?
Find out everything you need to know right here!
Participation via Livestream
PWI uses the Zoom webinar platform for livestream access to classes. Participants should ensure they have good quality internet access to get the best experience.
In general, to support everyone’s participation, please:
- stay muted unless talking and
- use a headset with a microphone to ensure the best sound quality for all.
Prior to course commencement, accepted participants will receive an email with the link for online streaming access. Some events will require a password for greater security.
Please contact PWI via email email@example.com or call during office hours 503 223 8188 if you have any questions. We are happy to help you get set up!
Online Streaming via Zoom
Zoom is an intuitive online meeting service, and we hope it gives you a good experience! You will need to have a stable, good quality internet connection during the duration of the class.
You do not need a Zoom account to join the meeting, just click on the class link at the class time. If it is your first time using Zoom, you will be asked to download a small Zoom plug in – this typically takes under a minute, and then you are ready to go!
Here are some resources to get you oriented:
Basic Zoom Instructions
- Speaker view or gallery view are in the top right of screen.
- Mute and video on/off are in the bottom left of screen.
- Hand raising – click on Participants at the bottom center of your screen. At the bottom of the window on the right side of the screen, click the button labeled “Raise Hand.” Your digital hand is now raised. Lower it by clicking the same button, now labeled “Lower Hand.”
- To pin someone (make them big on your screen) click on a person’s square and select PIN.
- Chat button is at the bottom center of screen. Click it and the chat box will open.
- Zoom works best with laptop or desktop and prefers the Chrome browser. With a phone you get less options.
- Confidentiality is important – please no screen-shots or recording.
Links for more Zoom information
Join a meeting
Adjust audio and video settings
Join a breakout room to work with a partner or small group on experiential exercises
Get the most of your Zoom experience