Diversity Open Forum February 18, 2023
Our MAPOF8 students invite you to an Open Forum
Diversity: Can We Hold the Discomfort?
February 18th, 6-8pm (Pacific)
Invited speakers will open the forum with a variety of experience related to diversity to share their thoughts and experience.
- Sweta Rajan, Indian-Canadian consultant on Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
- Angela Gray, DEI lead at the Provincial Health Authority in Canada
- Amy Hirayama, creative writer with a past experience in DEI work as a school teacher
- Solana Booth, Indian first Nation, Nooksack Nation, Mohawk, Tsymsyan, Pacific NW Traditional Medicine Keeper working in Health and Wellness
The second part of the open forum will be dedicated to you, the audience, to bring in your own thoughts and experiences, your comments or questions, to expand the conversation and come to a larger, collective understanding of the topic at hand.
Expect some expert thoughts, opportunity to reflect and explore, a chance to listen to, share and get some insights on this ever present topic of diversity.
- What does diversity mean for you?
- How do you relate to diversity when it appears in your everyday life?
- How do you keep moving forward with diversity around you?
With love from all of us at PWI
go deeper into the things that matter